[vc_row row_type=”row_full_width_content”][vc_column][vc_column_text]10 events not to be missed in Charente-Maritime
Holiday time is approaching and you dream of lazing around and enjoying the sun? Every year the age-old question arises: “Where are we going? ”, and the eternal response that follows her “I don’t know. ”
Find a destination that appeals to everyone, avoiding unpleasant surprises, practicing the activities you want and finding the style of holiday you want is not always easy. International destinations such as New York, Madeira or Zanzibar are often very popular but inaccessible.
You can find your holidays in one of the most beautiful French regions, the Charente-Maritime. The Midi Atlantique awaits you. Dive to the south-west of France, in the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region.
The sixth largest department in France, the Charente-Maritime stretches from the Atlantic coast to the Gironde estuary. Discover or rediscover the pleasure of holidays in France. Charente-Maritime has a large number of listed residences and a important heritage.
The Château de La Chaume, at Pont l’Abbé d’Arnoult is the perfect example.
First novitiate in the province of Bordeaux in 1934, La Chaume is the guardian of 11 centuries of history where civil and religious personalities mingle.
Many tourists have voted for La Chaume, and if your choice has not yet been made, here are 10 good reasons to opt for Charente-Maritime , 10 events not to be missed around the castle, to do alone or with family.
- The international comic strip festival. Each year, Angoulême welcomes hundreds of authors and illustrators by opening its doors at 9 th
- The Frankofolies of La Rochelle. After two years without any concert or live, come and vibrate in the very heart of the old town, listening to artists from the French scene for 5 days and 5 nights.
- Running or geocaching on the Ile d’Oléron. Discover the island from north to south and from east to west.
- Fort Boyard. Ideally located between the islands of Aix, Madame et Oléron, you can discover the fort from the sea or the air.
- The night of the stars. Astronomy is at at your fingertips in the starry, clear skies of the Ile de Ré.
- The Charente-Maritime Sailing Tour. Organized by the Departmental Sailing Committee 17 with the support of the Department, the Tour de la Charente-Maritime à la Voile is a unique event. This new nautical meeting offers sailing in races, but also in rallies for boaters who wish to participate in the event at their own pace without classification.
- The Festival of Fiction. Since 2007, the Department of Charente-Maritime has organized two “Outside the walls” sessions on this occasion. These are two free screenings with the possibility of meeting the teams of the screened films.
- Heritage Days. Every year, on the third weekend of September, the Heritage Days return and allow you to discover unpublished places or places forbidden to the public. In Charente-Maritime, enter the amphitheater of Saintes or the archaeological site of Fâ, a former ancient port city.
- Red Bull Cliff Diving. This is the fourth stage of the world diving championship, and the only one to take place in France. The Old Port accWatch out for the divers, who, from the top of the very Saint Nicolas, soar, 27 m above the void.
- The Autumn Rally. This is the meeting place for all car enthusiasts. Witness the start of a hundred historic vehicles and vibrate to the rhythm of the engines in this race on a human scale.
These events are unmissable, in Charente-Maritime, the cultural season is always rich and open to all.
Sign your return and spend your holidays in France, between land and sea, in the castle of La Chaume.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row row_type=”row_full_width_content”][vc_column][vc_masonry_media_grid grid_id=”vc_gid:1637136713042-c62becfce737c14726379815a4480ff6-7″ include=”878,877,876,875,874,873,872,871,870″][/vc_column][/vc_row]